POM Morning Shake
- 240ml freshly squeezed pomegranate juice* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 175ml vanilla soymilk or regular low-fat milk
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 large banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 25g (2 tbsp) slivered or sliced almonds
- 20-25g (2-4 tbsp) protein powder (optional)
- 5ml (1 tsp) teaspoon honey or to taste
- 1. In a blender combine the pomegranate juice with soymilk, ice cubes, banana, almonds, protein powder (optional), and honey to taste. Cover and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2. Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve immediately.
* This smoothie can be made with freshly squeezed juice from a POM Wonderful pomegranate or by using POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice. To juice the pomegranate, cut it in half (as you would a grapefruit) and juice using a citrus reamer or a juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. One large POM Wonderful pomegranate will produce about 120ml of juice.