POM Seared Scallop Salad
- 750g large sea scallops
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3g (1 tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 40g arils from 1 POM Wonderful Pomegranate
- 500g mixed greens
- 70g cucumber slices
- 145g cherry tomatoes
Directions:1. Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 40g of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
2. Prepare POM Soy-Ginger Dressing.
3. In a bowl, mix 15ml 1 tbsp) olive or vegetable oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and 15ml (1 tbsp) ginger; toss with scallops.
4. Heat 15ml (1 tbsp) olive or vegetable oil in a large skillet.
5. Place scallops in the skillet in a single layer. Cook without turning until the underside is crispy brown and then turn. Sear in batches if necessary.
6. Cover scallops, set aside and keep warm while preparing the salad.
7. Arrange greens on 4 dinner plates, top with cucumbers and tomatoes.
8. Divide the scallops onto each plate; garnish with arils. Serve with dressing.